World Bank: “Scoop” Social Intranet.
Design, develop and support the World Bank's 30,000 member social intranet and external community: Scoop and eScoop.
- Enables the user to add multiple tags to a tag cloud based search.
- Functions based on context. i.e. (If the tag cloud is on a group page the tags will be from that group content only.)
- Search results from clicking that tag within the group will only surface that group’s related content.
- The tag cloud within the search results page updates dynamically based on results from that tag search.a
- The tag cloud is located in the left hand navigation of all pages Except for the profile and homepage which will be a widget.
- The tag cloud enables users to type in tags to a text field which will be entered in the panel below once they click apply. This helps users to add tags to their search that may not be listed in the tag cloud but are in the database.
- The bottom panel allows users to remove tags through a delete icon next to the tag word.
- The bottom panel defines the search results. No content surfaces that doesn’t have all of the tags in the bottom panel in the result listings.
- When a user enters text in the text input the function adds suggestions and auto complete.
The World Bank engaged us to take ownership and lead development for their two Elgg based social networking platform: Scoop, their social intranet, and EScoop, their public community. Working on and off-site with the Bank for a period of six months, we dramatically enhanced both platforms.
Do you have an awesome project or idea, but need a little help to make your vision a reality? Let's talk!Let's Talk